Goodies for the trail..
OHHH MYYYY GAWD. These cookies. Trish brought these delicious little bites of heaven to our GTFO Spring Social and not only were they all snatched up but we also had a crowd begging for the recipe (can't blame ya's)!
SO - Thanks to Trish for bringing these cookies into our lives AND sharing the recipe! Since we know how important delicious/healthy trail goodies are - we thought we'd share it on our blog!
'The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies'
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 12-15 cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (please note alternate flours WILL change the outcome of the recipe!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe's chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together with the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really "liquidy" this is OK.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it WILL BE crumbly - this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I did 8 which was perfect)
* * *
Enjoy ladies! And remember, if you find good recipes for hiking and camping - share them with us! Heck, if you make these cookies - share them with us too!! :)
- GTFO Team